Why should i see a physical therapist?
Our Doctors of Physical Therapy specialize in treatment of musculoskeletal, biomechanical, and neurological dysfunction. That means that if you're issues involve pain, joints, muscle, tendon, ligament, nerve damage, abnormal movement, postural dysfunction, or weakness - we are the people to see. Physical Therapists are movement specialists in medicine. We can help you move and feel better.
What kind of treatments do you provide?
We perform a lot of hands-on treatment. Treatments often include: joint mobilizations, joint manipulations, massage, trigger point release, fascial release, stretching, assisted exercise, and more. Our exercise and activity interventions will progress to sport-specific and strength training for patients that require this.
We maximize your body's ability to heal itself by providing an optimal environment for healing. This includes guided exercise therapy, movement pattern re-training, motor skill development, and neuromuscular facilitation. Most of this language is fancy terminology for "re-training you how to move properly".
You can read more about common conditions and our treatment methods HERE
What conditions do you treat?
Let's break it down this way: improper movement/positioning often results in dysfunction. This can be caused by many factors. If you have pain, joint or soft tissue restriction, limited movement, weakness, balance issues, or abnormal movement, then you have come to the right place. Please see our physical therapy page for more information on common injuries that we treat.
I have back pain. Should I see a PT?
The evidence is overwhelming for early physical therapy treatment for back pain. People who see a therapist early for back pain often have great relief and do not require surgery or have return of symptoms. If this is you, now is the time to act before it becomes a real problem.
What separates One Nine from other PT clinics?
We differentiate ourselves intentionally. Here are the top 5 ways we do things differently:
1) You only work with a Doctor of Physical Therapy to ensure that manual therapy and exercise prescription directly results in your progress.
2) We ensure communication and education result in compliance at home. After all, you are only with us for 1-3 hours per week, and with yourself the rest of the time. We are out to change the habits that got you in this position.
3) We are with you every step of the way. If your doctor needs to be called, insurance verified, consultation with a coach/trainer, or a consultation over the phone, your therapist is the one making those calls.
4) Flat-rate billing. Insurance is confusing and we work hard to make paying for healthcare simple. We also offer competitive package pricing to keep it affordable.
5) We make therapy fun - and that's not always easy.